Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why does anti-dandruff shampoos cause dandruff?

I'm am starting to go bald and people have recommended using Nizoral to help with the hair loss. I don't have dandruff, but after using the stuff I notice that I have flakes in my hair.Why does anti-dandruff shampoos cause dandruff?
Those shampoos have chemicals that dry your scalp out, thats why you have flakes. If you have dandruff, use a shampoo with lots of conditioner and don't shampoo too often, unless your hair is oily, twice a week in winter and also in summer unless it gets oily sooner. You can use baby oil and rub it into your scalp then use a hot towel over your hair, leave it on for 20 min. then shampoo and condition your hair. Once a week I use a cup of mayo with 1/4 cup of olive oil, work into hair and put on a shower cap for 30 min. It makes your hair shine and very manageable, along with conditioning your scalp. If you have excessive dryness use it twice a week. Good luck and God Bless, ElleWhy does anti-dandruff shampoos cause dandruff?
Then try this . A herbal rinse is a safe method of removing dandruff. Apply lemon juice with the rind on the scalp .After 5 minutes wash off with shampoo and water. More simple remedies for dandruff at http://usefulinfo-dandruff.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. its really funny, i always think that when my head was itchy, i always thought that it was dandruff, and damn. I WAS SO WRONG it was head lice and i was mortified.

    ReplyDelete