Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nizoral (Anti Fungal Shampoo) while breastfeeding?

I have never had dandruff until a couple of months after having baby girl. Since I haven't been able to get rid of it. I'm thinking it may be fungal/over growth of yeast. Have you heard of or are you someone who has used this while breastfeeding? It says ask a doctor. I looked it up on kellymom.com and it safe ';approved'; for lactation/pregnancy and a category of L2 for lactation which is titled as ';safer'; and said little to no affects of nursling. So I really need to try this out to see if it helps my poor head but am nervous just because I'm a mom and want to hear from other women. Nizoral (Anti Fungal Shampoo) while breastfeeding?
when i was preg my dr said it was ok to use as long as u didnt use it daily or let it set on your head wash an rinse but if u read bottle it says to leave on so many minutes but i would contact your dr just to be safe gl i have had trouble w/mt scalp ever since i had my son in 95 i had a lil girl in 03 an its still same red sores flaking an itchy

No comments:

Post a Comment