Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is anti-flea solution also shampoo-proof?

I know those monthly treatments are waterproof, but do they still have effect after i take my puppy a shower with shampoo? I can't either shower him once a month or apply flea treatment once a week! Thank you!Is anti-flea solution also shampoo-proof?
As long as you wait 48 hours after applying the flea treatment, then bathing your dog will not wash it off.Is anti-flea solution also shampoo-proof?
You can bathe them with the treatment on as long as you use a pet shampoo that does NOT contain soap or detergent. Since soap strips the oils from the skin/coat, it will remove the treatment but most pet shampoos do not have soap as a base instead have coconut base. You just have to read label %26amp; buy quality - not the cheap crap.
I never use that poison on my dogs, and have never had a problem. I never will use anti flea poison on them. I have owned five dogs over the period of 20 years, and have only found two ticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment