Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is ANTI-SHEDDING shampoo safe?

i have a Bernese/lab x. he's 12 yrs. he has a very thick (not long) coat and once a yr i take him to a groomer for a THOROUGH clean-up.


we moved here to HOT Tennessee a yr ago from mostly FRIGID NH. the groomer i'm taking him to on Friday wants to use an anti-shedding shampoo.


with this heat, isn't it better that he be able to shed?


i use a FURMINATOR on him everyday and he's in the house for the AC (we keep it at 69 during the day for him).


since he's a ';snow dog'; type, i'm wondering how much risk he'll be at for over-heating?Is ANTI-SHEDDING shampoo safe?
In all my years with my Golden's one thing I have learned is that there is no such thing as anti shedding shampoo!


Any good shampoo will get not only the dirt but any loose fur out. I'd be concerned about over heating a older dog also. Their tolerance is lower for heat and they can over heat much quicker than a much younger dog.


All your old boy need is a good washing and a really good brushing and blowing out!


Anti shedding shampoo! Pfft! I'd rather see him get a good moisturising Oatmeal bath to help is ageing skin!





Awww! Poor old boy! Give him a big ol'Bear hug for me ok!


Wow he looks very good! He is a big Ol'Bear though! lolIs ANTI-SHEDDING shampoo safe?
they make an anti shedding shampoo? i didn't know that. i have 3 short haired dogs and a cat which is different but i use a shedding blade on them one a week and get all the dead, loose stuff off. they love it.
You know, I asked this very question to a groomer a couple of weeks ago. I was in Petco and looking for some shampoo or something that may keep Belle from shedding so very much. She told me that there was one out there (I THINK it was Simple Solution but don't quote me on it) that, used over a period of time, helps a little, but that brushes are your best bet by far! I use the FURMINATOR as well, and I also use something called the Zoom Groom. Kong makes them and it's FABULOUS for getting the top coat off that the Furminator usually doesn't grab. They cost about $8...might want to invest in that as well. :-)





Poor guy...thinkin' about y'all in this hot heat! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment