Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My dog has 0 fleas & wont stop itching I bathed him with anti itch shampoo & still itches n e suggestions?

I already bathed him with ant itch shampoo and also did the hot spot conditioner but he still itches im wondering if hes doing it out of habit anyone have any suggestions as too why he would still be itching?My dog has 0 fleas %26amp; wont stop itching I bathed him with anti itch shampoo %26amp; still itches n e suggestions?
dry skin maybe


brush him if it is dry skin it will really help my dogs loves to be brushed espically when they have dry skinMy dog has 0 fleas %26amp; wont stop itching I bathed him with anti itch shampoo %26amp; still itches n e suggestions?
get him a flea collar. It is a little red collar that has flea killer on it. When he scratches at it it spreads the flea killer through his coat. This will entirely rid him of fleas just in case. he also may have dry skin or many other reasons he is itching. Dogs are like us they itch when it itches
Your dog probably has a Dog Health Symptom. You may have to call the vet if he has one of those b/c it could be serious
My little guy is the same way. I bathe him weekly, 1st with head and shoulders then with an oatmeal shampoo.Then I use cream rinse with white vinegar 1/2 and 1/2. Let that sit for 5-6 minutes then rinse. He smells good and his hair and skin are so soft and he goes without itching and chewing for a while. I use benadryl when he is itching badly, one at night and one in the am. Mix with food or peanut butter.
Get a humidifier. Might be that the air is too dry. If he's showing any signs of dehydration as well, you might want to get a fountain that would encourage him to drink more. Keeping him hydrated can help with any dry skin issues as well, which is what I'm thinking the problem might be.





Also, dogs scratch sometimes...but if its around the ears, it might not be fleas at all, but ear mites, which are small enough that you can't see them, and require drops. But watch him carefully, b/c if he's just scratching normally I'd go with trying to fix the dry skin issues before you go looking for more dubious things. Sometimes its the simplest problems that need corrected.
he might have dry skin from you bathing him.
when i first got my greyhound he did this and he had food allergies. i know its hard to believe but our vet diagnosed him with wheat and chicken allergies. it might be worth checking it out either ask your vet or slowly change his food


right now we use natural balance duck and potato. its a pretty good brand for dogs like this because they have matching treats and canned food.


any ways check it out its worth a try
It could just be dry summer skin or just a habit. He might appreciate being brushed . . . I presume you are already using Frontline to avoid fleas.
because after washing him so much his skin is dried out if hi was itching before hand then it might be a fungus
Mine too. He does it becuase his skins ithcing from the summer and baths
His skin might just be irritated, but i dont know what you could do to fix it, sorry :(
Don't bathe him to often this will dry out his skin.. It might be from habit but I'd take him to the vet to have him checked out. Brush him regularly to keep his skin oily..








bl
he could be allergic to something in his food, try switching to a different or all Natural brand, hope this helped!





God Bless!
Is he doing it for attention? My dog used to itch in order to jingle his collar and wake me up in the morning so I'd let him get in bed with me.





When I realized that's what he was doing, I told him no and now he stopped. He politely ';asks'; to be let in the bed by putting his two front paws on the bed and waiting for me to say ok.
okay i have lots of dogs check if hes skin is red or his skin is falling of ... omg i forgot a name of this protoct that we bouth for ny dog for itiching


redness


hairloss


and ect..

No comments:

Post a Comment